The Calcutta Boys’ School is located in Kolkata, West Bengal and it was established in 1877 by James Mills Thoburn, D.D., LL.D., Bishop of the Methodist Episcopal Church. It is a Minority Christian, Anglo-Indian institution.
The school provides education for boys from Nursery (age 4+) to Class Twelve (age 18+). It is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi, and prepares students for the Indian Certificate for Secondary Education Examination (10 year course) and the Indian School Certificate Examination (12 Year Course). The School is recognized by the Government of West Bengal through the Deputy Director of School education, Anglo- Indian Schools.
The school has well stocked library, well equipped science & Computer lab, sports & recreation facilities.
Calcutta Boys’ School Admission Procedure and Admission Fee:-
i) Classes Nursery: Admission process for the Nursery Class commences in the month of September. Candidates for Nursery should be at least 4 years and be below 5 years of age as on the 1st April. Candidates who are overage or underage will be disqualified
ii) Classes KG to Nine: Admissions for Classes KG to IX are normally made in April, against existing vacancies on the basis of entrance tests and interviews. Applications are entertained only for the classes in which vacancies exist, and from such date as may be notified every year on the School Notice Board. Boys who have attended recognized schools which teach in the English Medium and are able to receive instruction through the medium of English at their level, are considered for admission. Registration may be closed at any time at the discretion of the Principal.
iii) Transfer Cases: New students coming into the city on transfer are considered for Admission, subject to the same conditions as mentioned above.
At the time of the interview/ test, the following documents must be produced:
* Salary Certificates / Form 16 of Parents.
* Original Birth Certificate from Kolkata Municipal Corporation or equivalent body.
* In case of Christian candidates, Baptism Certificate, duly attested by the Pastor-in-Charge, must be submitted.
* In case of ex-students, photocopy of the ISC / ICSE Certificate issued by the Council
* Original ‘Discharge Certificate’ from the institution where the child was born.
* Original ‘Immunization Certificate’ of the child.
* Original Fitness Certificate from a Medical Practitioner for admission to all classes from Class 2 to Class 11.
You will find details about Calcutta Boys School admission 2013-14, its fees structure, address and review.
Affiliated Board :
Affiliation No :